BIO-SENSOR/SUPER DOG PROGRAM
The U.S. Military canine program, developed a method to improve the performance of dogs that were used for military purposes. They called the method the "Bio-Sensor" program. Later, the program became known to the public as the "Super Dog" program. Based on years of research, the military learned that early neurological stimulation exercises could have importance and lasting effects. Their studies confirmed that there are specific time periods early in life when neurological stimulation has optimum results. The first period involves a window of time that begins at the third day of life and lasts until the sixteenth day. It is believed that because this interval of time is a period of rapid neurological growth and development, and therefore is of great important to the individual.
The "Bio-Sensor" program was also concerned with early neurological stimulation in order to give the dog a superior advantage. Its development utilized five exercises, which were designed to stimulate the neurological system. Each workout involves handling individual puppies once each day during the 14 day period (days 3-16 of age) and performing a series of five exercises for 3-5 seconds each
These five exercises will produce neurological stimulation which do not naturally occur during this early period of life. Experience shows that sometimes pups will resist these exercises, others will appear unconcerned. In either case a caution is offered to those who plan to use them. Do not repeat them more than once per day and do not extend the time beyond that recommended for each exercise. Over stimulation of the neurological system can have adverse and detrimental results.
These exercises impact the neurological system by kicking it in into action earlier than would be normally expected. The result being an increased capacity that later will help to make the difference in its performance. Those who play with their pups and routinely handle them should continue to do so because the neurological exercises are not substitutions for routine handling, play socialization or bonding.
BENEFITS OF THE BIO-SENSOR PROGRAM
1. Improved cardio vascular performance (heart rate)
2. Stronger heart beats
3. Stronger adrenal glands
4. Greater tolerance to stress
5. Greater resistance to disease.
BIO-SENSOR PROGRAM EXERCISES
1. Tactile stimulation - holding the pup in one hand, the handler gently stimulates between the toes of any one foot using a Q-Tip for 3-5 seconds.
2. Head held erect - using both hands, the pup is held straight up so that its head is directly above its tail for 3-5 seconds.
3. Head pointed down -holding the pup firmly with both hands the head is reversed and points towards the ground with the tail towards the ceiling (upside down) for 3-5 seconds.
4. Supine position - holding the pup firmly so that its back is resting in both hands with its muzzle facing the ceiling for 3-5 seconds.
5. Thermal stimulation - use a damp towel that has been cooled in a refrigerator for at least five minutes, place the pup on the towel, feet down for 3-5 seconds without restraint from moving.