At Desert Winds Labradoodles, we believe all dogs deserve to be in a loving home and not have to live in a kennel. Because of this, our breeding dogs are either loving members of our family or live with another family that will provide them the love and attention they need. Because we are committed to producing the highest quality puppies we can, we raise our breeding girl's puppies in our home, where they are loved and handled by adults and children before they go to their forever homes. In order to expand our breeding program, we need the help of qualified Guardian Homes willing to raise breeding dogs for us in their homes with all of the love and care that we would give them if we could keep them all ourselves!
What Is A Guardian Home?
A Guardian Home is a person or family that acquires one of our breeding quality puppies to become a member of their family. Guardians must have an adult home most of the day and have a flexible enough schedule to get the dog to us when needed. They must agree to follow the conditions set forth under contract by Desert Winds Labradoodles while the dog is in our breeding program. When the dog is retired from breeding, we pay for spaying or neutering, and the contract expires. The dog then remains with the Guardian Home for life.
What Are The Benefits To You?
* You will receive the finest quality breeding puppy chosen by the breeder, to be your forever companion without paying pet price for the dog.**
* We pay for the price of spaying or neutering the dog when it is retired from breeding.
* You are preventing a breeding dog from ever having to experience kennel life!
** References and deposit required.
Requirements of Guardian Homes:
* Live within a 2 hour driving distance from Denver, Colorado during the length of the contract.
* Have a combined household income of at least 75K or an individual income of at least 40K.
* Have an adult home most of the time.
* Have dependable transportation and fully flexible daytime schedules.
* Provide a drug and smoke-free environment.
* Provide a fully fenced yard. (No invisible fencing)
* Provide basic obedience training.
* Provide proper socialization to people, children, and animals.
* Provide regular health and veterinary care, including annual exams and vaccinations.
* Communicate with us any concerns about health or condition of the dog.
* Be willing to transport the dog to us or our vets when needed and wait until they are finished and take them home, and leaving females for 2 months with us for whelping and weaning of puppies.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in becoming a Guardian Home, please contact us via email or telephone for more information. We would be happy to email you a copy of our standard Guardian Home agreement to view!
Current Dogs In Need of Guardian Homes
Mountain Sky Navajo Warrior Kilchii AKA Chii
Chii is our gorgeous red and white parti boy with a wavy/curly silky fleece coat.
He was born December 21, 2018
He is a small medium at 17"/27#
Chii is crate trained and dog door trained and has some obedience training.
He LOVES to swim and jump
in the water to retrieve. He would make a great Dock Dog! He loves to play with other dogs and is very loving and affectionate.
Desert Winds Brandy
(You're a Fine Girl)
Brandy is our stunning deep mahogany red girl with a silky wavy fleece coat.
She was born on February 26, 2019.
She is borderline large mini/small medium at 16/17"/23#
She loves to cuddle and get belly rubs.
She also loves toys and likes to carry one in her mouth all the time.
She too loves to play with other dogs and is very loving and affectionate.
She is also a calm mellow girl.
Brandy is crate trained and dog door trained and has had some obedience training.
MileHigh Van's Brown Eyed Girl
Vanessa is our beautiful cafe-chocolate girl
with a wavy fleece coat.
She was born on May 1, 2019
She is a small medium at 18"/29#
Vanessa is crate trained, dog door trained and has some obedience training.
She loves to play with other dogs and loves people but prefers men!